Partnership with Center for Arts in Medicine, University of Florida
In this project we are supporting the evaluation of social prescribing initiatives in 22 sites in the US, building on prior statistical findings and work in the UK. Within this work, we will:
- Analyse the impact of social prescribing across the sites, using original scales that we will develop for the US, based on UK instruments
- Use the NHS England Social Prescribing Outcomes Framework to map impacts across individuals, community groups and health systems
- Apply an implementation science research framework to assess the feasibility, acceptability, and suitability of the programs
We will also develop a set of key common outcomes for social prescribing in the US. After first identifying common outcomes in social prescribing studies around the world, we will then conduct focus groups in 18 communities in partnership with the One Nation/One Project initiative. With our findings from this we will:
- establish an outcomes framework for guiding social prescribing development and research in the US; and
- inform future development of a formal core outcomes set (COS) for evaluating social prescribing in the US.